The spring flowers have finally arrived in our gardens!
Just a few short weeks ago, this is what Mother Nature brought us.
 |
| April Snow Showers |
And now, the gardens are alive...with the sights, sounds and scents of spring.
 |
| Scilla (Chionodoxa forbesii) |
 |
| Striped Squill (Puschkinia scilloides) |
 |
| Anemone Blanda 'Blue Star' |
 |
| Erythronium 'Pagoda' |
 |
| Forsythia |
 |
| Hellebore |
 |
| Marsh Marigold |
I love Hyacinths! I have them planted around my front door and in the courtyard, so I can enjoy their aroma every time I walk by.
 |
| Apricot Passion Hyacinth |
 |
| Anne Marie Hyacinth |
 |
| Delft Blue Hyacinth |
 |
| City-of-Haarlem-Hyacinth (yes, Haarlem is spelt right) |
 |
| Jan-Bos-Hyacinth |
I have to admit, as much as I love the hyacinths, my favourite spring flower is the narcissus. Daffodils are so beautiful in their amazing assortment of sizes, styles, shapes and colours. I have a nice selection and hope to add more unusual ones in the fall.
 |
| Full House Daffodil |
 |
| Tahiti Daffodil |
 |
| Tete-a-Tete Daffodil |
 |
| King Alfred Daffodil |
 |
| Sound Daffodil |
 |
| Irene Copeland Daffodil |
 |
| Cool Flame Daffodil |
 |
| Ice Follies Daffodil |
But, I think my favourite thing in my garden is this rusty old plaque...
 |
| Grandma's Garden Plaque |
It's amazing the way Mother Nature throws her worst at us and just a short time later, she surrounds us with a rainbow of beauty. She's my favourite lady to work with.
I like how Alex Trebek thinks...
'If you can't be in awe of Mother Nature, there's something wrong with you.'
I'm sharing with:
Beautiful flowers! The daffodil is a flower I always want to plant but keep forgetting - there is a vacant house near me that has a backyard full of them. They are some of the first to pop out in early spring around here.
ReplyDeleteThank you JoAnn! Sorry I'm so long replying, life got in the way of the blog, online and emails even. You need to plant daffodils, they are stunning! One of my fav spring bulbs. :)
DeleteDebbie,
ReplyDeleteYour Spring flowers are glorious -- such a rainbow of colors. The Striped Squill really caught my eye -- I don't believe I have seen that plant before. My favorite time of year!
Debra
Thanks, Debra! Yes, it is a magical time of year. We can buy the squill bulbs in fall with the tulips, daffodils, etc. I like trying the different. :)
DeleteAbsolutely Beautiful! I would love for you to link up with me at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/assets-and-efforts-linky-party-2.html
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Angela
Thank you Angela! Sorry I'm so long getting back to you, and never did get linked up. Life got in the way. I'll check out your party when I get a chance. :)
DeleteThere are no complaints about the weather right now that's for sure! Your garden is looking super. Love all the hyacinths especially.Be sure to pop around and enter the Loblaw's giveaway. Have a great long weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping in, Jennifer! Sorry, but I've been offline for a while so missed your giveaway. I hope you have a wonderful holiday this weekend, another long weekend but not the one you were talking about! Happy Canada Day! :)
DeleteThese are all so beautiful Debbie! Looks like you havent been around in a while. Hope all is well with ya'll. I was gone for two weekends as my Aunt went to heaven. Just trying to visit everyone today! Hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteJulie, I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. As you noticed, I haven't been around in a while, thank you so much for dropping by. :)
DeleteHi Debbie! Dropping by to look at your beautiful flowers again today. I hope you're doing well and enjoying some warm weather and sunshine up in your neck of the woods.
ReplyDeleteThank you Laurel, yes, the weather has been amazing, a lot of rain lately, but can't complain since it helps the gardens. :)
DeleteSuch beautiful flowers!!!
ReplyDeleteYou rock!!
Have a blessed and wonderful day!!
Thanks Karianne! And thanks for stopping by. :)
DeleteHey girl...beautiful flowers! I remember coming by and seeing this post on the day you posted it, but I somehow got distracted and never left a comment. I see that was a month ago. I miss you. Hope all is well in your corner of the world!
ReplyDeletexoxo- Julie
Thanks Julie! Yes, I've been offline for a while, sorry I missed your post. I miss all my online friends too, but I wasn't able to be online. I'm fine, just busy and can't wait to get back at it. :)
DeleteWOW Debbie, you my dear have some lovely gardens. I could only dream.
ReplyDeleteThank you Debbie! You could do it too, it's not that hard! :)
Deletenice
ReplyDelete